Podcast – Preamble – Back Bends 5 Prana Shaktis
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 10:57 — 13.5MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | | More
Evolving from the work we did with the 5 Prana Shaktis in the previous podcast, this preamble & practice focuses on Back Bends, alternative vinyasa and applying the deeper philosophical insight the teachings offer.
Jonni Pollard has been an inspiration to me and I share in my preamble (forgot to give a shoutout) his reduction of the teachings to this brilliant statement from his book The Golden Sequence: “Life is sacred. Love is your Nature. Wisdom is your Power. Fulfilment is your purpose”. This book is a recommended read to inspire a recommitment to the practices for anyone.
5 Principle powers of creation expressed through the experience of our being.
- Iccha Shakti: the unlimited power of will, determination and drive to fuel us and to become the unstoppable force in fulfilling our intention, purpose and experiences in our lives.
- Jnana Shakti: the boundless power to know from our intuitive wisdom of discernment from real and unreal, truth and untruth, virtue and non-virtuous.
- Kriya Shakti: the ability to choose wise actions, that are aligned with your intentions and purpose, guiding you skilfully to fulfillment.
- Cit Shakti: the power of an illuminated mind, clear, undistracted, undistorted. To fully awaken to the light of knowledge resting within and expand in that light.
- Ananda Shakti: the known experience of being whole, complete, at one with all. Filled and embraced in Pure Conscious Awareness that is always present. Bliss, serenity, peace.