Kriya Shakti – Power of Action
Kriya Shakti is the Power of Action it is the force behind wise choices. Our ability to spontaneously manoeuvre without hesitation as we are conscious (Cit Shakti) well informed (Jnana Shakti) and have the resources of energy (Iccha Shakti) to fuel our actions with what we need to take to make things happen.
Action in sanskrit is Karma. Karma carries the notion that the fruit of your actions, comes back to you, you can’t escape the consequence of your actions. This is the concept of cause and effect. For every action, there is a reaction, for every choice there is a consequence. The cause behind your current situation is your past Karma. Your’e a sum total of all your choices and actions ever taken. That your current life is a continuation of the past.
Our opportunity in any given moment is to be mindful of what is (Cit) listen to our innate wisdom (Jnana), tap into the resource of energy we have (Iccha) to make better choices to serve our intention, purpose, desires that lead us closer to spirit, our truth and lasting fulfilment in our lived experience and it is said to have an impact on the quality of our present moment, our future and future lives.
3 Types of Karma
- Prarabhda Karma – Active Karma
- Sanchita Karma – Dormant Karma
- Kriyamana Karma – Potential Karma
You as the Yogi is likened to the Archer. To be a good archer, one needs to practice over and over again refining the skill in making bow and arrows, storing the arrows, choosing the right arrow for the job and aiming then releasing them to the target. Your mindset, posture and what is motivating you all has a place in how skilful you take action to shoot your arrow or not.
There are 5 essential ingredients to be the Archer – Yogi
- Shraddha – Faith Trust a direct connection to Source
- Virya – Courage, Quiet Confindence, Self-Belief, Willpower, Stamina
- Smiriti – Keen Memory to recall what is most important and everything that you have learned
- Samadhi – Fully Absorb in it all, physical, mental, emotional, energetic and spiritual
- Prajna – Light of intelligence, unfailing discernment as you have direct access to innate wisdom